This qualification complements the CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace by introducing candidates to the inherent risks in substances and the controls available.
Who needs this qualification?
Designed for those responsible for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) at work, as well as employees who use hazardous substances in manufacturing, cleaning, healthcare, transport, utilities and offices.
Why is this training important?
This qualification will prepare employees to contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
- Identify the hazards associated with those substances
- Identify the risks and controls available to deal with the substances
- Identify what to expect from a COSHH assessment
The qualification covers the following topics:
- Introduction to COSHH
- COSHH Regulations
- Health problems
- Identifying hazardous substances
- Controlling hazardous substances
- COSHH assessments
One Day (6 Hours)