To provide delegates with the basic knowledge necessary to understand the principles of a safe entry into a confined space and equip them with the skills to react positively and safely in an emergency.
Completion of the course allows your employees to enter, attend or supervise entry into confined spaces. The course identifies the hazards and outlines the duties of persons involved in working within confined spaces.
The course covers the choice and use of personal protective equipment and the selection of appropriate monitoring equipment to ensure the safety of entrants into a confined space where there may be an irrespirable atmosphere or other hazards.
The course will fulfil the requirements of the UK Confined Space Regulations 1997 / OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146 and NFPA 1006, 1081 Standards for confined space entry.
- Persons required to work within confined spaces.
- Persons supervising confined space entry.
- Identify a confined space
- Identify the hazards within confined spaces
- Carry out a safe entry
- Carry out an emergency self-rescue
- Understand the requirements for strict control measures
- Permit to work and safe systems of work
- Use of Breathing Apparatus
- Legislation applying to confined space working.
- General procedures and entry requirement.
- Confines space hazards & proper precaution.
- Permit to work system.
- Atmospheric test.
- Principles of confined space hygiene.
- Escape & emergency procedure.
- Practical in proper usage of pieces or equipment such as breathing apparatus, safety harness, winch, tripod, lifeline, barriers and telecommunication tools…….etc.