Risk assessment is one of the most important tasks and responsibilities of the HSE people. It helps them to remove hazards or reduce the level of its risk by adding precautions or control measures, as necessary. By doing so, you have created a safer and healthier workplace.
People with HSE responsibilities (managers, supervisors, investigators and officers) this workshop can also be of value to all operation managers and supervisors.
- Understand the various types and concepts of risk assessments
- Focus on all aspects of hazard recognition including the relationship between the environment equipment and processes
- Understand the difference between "hazard" and "risk"
- Focus on categories of hazards, methods for conducting an analysis of the workplace, and a process for evaluating and rating hazards by risk are introduced.
- Understand the risk assessment process
- Provide a positive and tested method of conducting assessments
- Feel confident in conducting risk assessments within the workplace Employ general engineering and administrative controls.
The workshop comprises 3 days training covering key aspects of risk assessment methodology Industrial Hygiene and is appropriate to safety, health and/or environmental professional or manager who has industrial hygiene responsibilities but limited training or experience in this area.
- Forms of risk assessment
- Identifying methodology of risk assessment processes
- Identifying risk assessment activity
- Understanding hazard identification process, including Job Safety Analysis
- Hazard recognition process
- Types of Hazards physical, chemical, biological, ergonomic
- Hazard evaluation, determining severity, exposure, probability
- Risk Assessment Priority rating